This anger management quiz is inspired from “Anger Quiz by Gayle Rosellini and Mark Worden“.
So you wake up one bright sunny day and think that this day will going to be the best day ever. Until someone or something passed by that sparked the inner beast in you. Your whole day is now ruined.
I think you’ll agree with me when I say…
Temper is one thing you can’t get rid of by losing it. Because we are living with this fast paced world, many factors cause us to lose our temper. Some examples are heavy traffic, a friend who upsets you, long queues, being mistreated with others, stress at work and many more.
Anger can ruin your and other’s life if not managed. Aside from broken relationship with others, mismanaged anger can result to greater health problems like anxiety and high blood pressure.
But if you are able to express your anger appropriately, it can be a helpful and positive emotion. So having an anger management skill is a handy tool, really.
This is why I’m sharing this short anger management quiz with you. This will help you determine how bad or good are you when it comes to dealing with anger.
Excited? You should be! Let’s start the test now..
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer each items with TRUE or FALSE as a description of how you’ve behaved during the past year.
1. I don’t show my anger about everything that makes me mad, but when I do – look out.
2. I still get angry when I think of the bad things people did to me in the past.
3. Waiting in line, or waiting for other people, really annoys me.
4. I fly off the handle easily.
5. I often find myself having heated arguments with the people who are closest to me.
6. I sometimes lie awake at night and think about the things that upset me during the day.
7. When someone says or does something that upsets me, I don’t usually say anything at the time, but later spend a lot of time thinking up cutting replies I could and should have made.
8. I find it very hard to forgive someone who has done me wrong.
9. I get angry with myself when I lost control of my emotions.
10. People really irritate me when they don’t behave the way they should, or when they act like they don’t have the good sense of a head of lettuce.
11. If I get really upset about something, I have a tendency to feel sick later, either with a weak spell, headache, upset stomach, or diarrhea.
12. People I've trusted have often let me down, leaving me feeling angry or betrayed.
13. When things don’t go my way, I get depressed.
14. I am apt to take frustration so badly that I cannot put it out of my mind.
15. I've been so angry at times I couldn't remember things I said or did.
16. After arguing with someone, I hate myself.
17. I've had trouble on the job because of my temper.
18. When riled up, I often blurt out things I later regret saying.
19. Some people are afraid of my bad temper.
20. When I get angry, frustrated or hurt, I comfort myself by eating or using alcohol or other drugs.
21. When someone hurts or frustrates me, I want to get even.
Note that the scores in this quiz are not meant as a diagnostic tool and should not be treated as a recommendation whether you should seek help from a trained professional or not. This quiz is for fun and educational purposes only. If you really suspect that you really have anger management issues, seek help from professionals regardless of what score you got.
Did you like this quiz? Share it with your friends and family!
What score did you get? Share them in the comments below 🙂