Did you know that there are stupidly simple things (that you may taking for granted!) you need to do that can yield to greater and better memory? What’s cooler is that these don’t cost you anything to implement.
Practice these things everyday and turn them into habit. You’ll then effortlessly improving your memory without even you knowing you’re doing it 🙂
Watch the video below…
Video from Ronnie White. A special thanks to him.
Take aways from the 9 habits that significantly boost your memory mentioned in the video:
1. Get enough sleep. Sleep at least 8 hours a day. Sleep plays a vital role in learning and remembering things throughout the day.
2. Drink plenty of water. A dehydrated brain won’t be able to focus.
3. Exercise. It helps the brain directly and indirectly. Direct benefit is exercising helps reduce brain inflammation which results to growth of new blood cells in our brain. On the other hand, indirect benefits of exercising includes better sleep and it reduces stress and anxiety.
4. Take enough salt. Too much salt is bad for your memory BUT lack of salt also hurts your memory.
5. Avoid stress as much as possible. Stress is the worst enemy of memory.
6. Avoid excessive sugar. The hippocampus, which is responsible for learning and memory, is very sensitive to sugar.
7. Consume alcohol moderately. Excessive alcohol will hurt your memory but studies find that taking a moderate consumption of alcohol is actually good.
8. Turn what you want to remember into a picture. Want to remember stuff? Turn it into something you can see and you’ll remember it.
9. Use the mind palace. The mind palace is further explained in our article here. It involves associating what you want to remember into objects in your home (though, you can use any place or “visual path” you are familiar of).
Remember, these are all easy to implement but can have tremendous impact to your brain and memory. Practice these things daily and you’ll see the results.
What are other tips can you share to improve one’s memory? Share them in the comment section below.